RE: Weinert mechanischer Stellwerke

#1 von applor , 07.09.2017 04:58

Hello,

With the Weinert parts for stellwerk, do the sizes (Größe I, II, III etc.) refer to how many cable pairs they can hold?

I had thought that size 1 (Größe I) could hold 2 cables, ie. 1 signal while size 2 (Größe II) could hold 4 cables, ie. 2 signals.
However when looking at pressure rollers (7209) I see that the picture for Größe I has 4 cables and Größe II has 8 cables.
This would mean the Größe I Druckrollenkästen (7209) is to be used for 2x signals for example and (Größe II) used for 4 signals?

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric - Brisbane, Australia. modelling Germany epoch IIIa

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Homepage: Link
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#2 von HGD , 08.09.2017 08:38

Hi,
simply take the size-number (I, II, III etc.) and multiply by two (2). Then you get the maximum number of cable pairs, that item can bear. E.g. a size II cover or thrust roller bearing (Druckrollenhalter) can bear up to 4 cable pairs for the control of 4 items (switches -or do the Australians say "points"?-, signals etc). In earlier times, covers up to size XIV had been applied which could bear up to 28 cable pairs, but in your favourite epoch (and even today) sizes up to VI are usual. Consider, that in most cases spare provisions are foreseen. Also consider, that the cables for the gate control on railroad crossings must have their own cable routeing and are never integrated into the routeings for signals, switches etc.

Regards
HGD

HGD
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Gleise Peco, Märklin-K
Spurweite H0
Steuerung DCC fahren analog steuern
Stromart Digital

#3 von applor , 08.09.2017 11:53

I was starting to worry no one would reply - Thankyou for taking the time to answer my question, you have explained it very clearly!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric - Brisbane, Australia. modelling Germany epoch IIIa

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Homepage: Link
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital